In being obedient to the Word of God, we strive to be a nurturing, caring, Christ-centered family demonstrating God's love, so as to call people in our community and world into personal relationship with Christ.
It is our desire to provide a place where one can experience personal worship of God and be challenged with the practical principles of God's truth, so that life may be enriched daily. This church is people… boys and girls, youth and adults. Together we are a local expression of Christ's worldwide body of believers. We are all ministers here. Just a few are pastors, but all are ministers – servants of God, ministering to each other and to the world.
The reason First Presbyterian Church in North Palm Beach exists is to glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our Lord Jesus has declared that we are to "Go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you, always to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
A Christian disciple is a person who is led by commitment to Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live a life which reflects the Master's love, joy, service, and willingness to suffer. The disciple, led by the Holy Spirit, accepts the joys and sorrows of life with a strength based on faith in God's providential care.
While growing in apprenticeship to Christ, the disciple practices obedience in following Christ's directives to:
- Share the Good News of faith in Christ with others.
- Pray and meditate.
- Study the Bible and other Christian literature seeking to make it applicable to home, work, recreation, and citizenship.
- Attend public worship on a regular basis.
- Share the Biblical guide of the tithe at least a part of which will be a systematic and proportionate financial support of the program of our church and its ministry.
- Seek service in the program of the church or community as my labor is available, appropriate, and as I am called, guided, and equipped by the Holy Spirit to do so.
- Share in a nurturing fellowship of mutual love and care.
- Exercise justice in the framework of Christ's love in every area of life.