Our Senior Adult Ministry here at First Pres is continuously working to help make exciting times for Senior Adults! We offer fun and fellowship for the young at heart who are 65+.
- Monthly dinners or potlucks, with speakers, movies or game nights afterward
- "Day trip" monthly events to places of interest throughout Florida "during the season"
- The "Out-to-Lunch Bunch" luncheon club at a different area restaurant each month
- Bridge, every Thursday afternoon in our Fellowship Hall
- Service opportunities in local missions and ministries like Urban Youth Impact, St. George's Food Kitchen, Reading to school children.
- Periodic health screenings and seminars
Would you like to be more active in serving at church, but maybe don't know what you could do, given some physical limitations? Below are a few ways to become "connected" all of which do not involve driving at night.
- Prepare the First Pres magazine, The Messenger, for mailing one morning every other month
- Fold, address, and seal envelopes for church mailings
- Pray daily from home for members as part of the church "prayer chain"
- Set tables in Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays
- Serve and clean up on Wednesday evenings
- Restock the pews with supplies during the week