Exploring First Pres
During your experience of "Exploring First Pres", we will give you a snapshot of this wonderful congregation. Whether you decide to join or not, we look forward to getting to know you and walking with you in your own life of discipleship. We want to be of help to you as you take your next steps.
Rev. Ayers, Senior Pastor
Steps to Membership
- Join us for worship
- Starting Point: Are you new to First Pres and want to know what we are all about, or want to get plugged in to the church? Then the Starting Point class is for you. The class generally meets on the second Sunday of the month at 10:45 am in the Chapel. Next class is July 11th!
- Attend a New Member/Inquirers' Class. Interested in making a commitment to follow Jesus in covenant with the First Pres family: Come explore First Pres in our new member class. We will get to know one another, hear from pastors and staff and share our spiritual journeys. The process of joining the church is an important way to make a commitment to follow Jesus in community. Membership involves being "in covenant" with the Church, to love it, to pray for it, to serve it and to give to it. Email Sara McDonnell at to register and receive more information. The next class will be on Sunday, August 22nd from 10:40 am - 12:30 pm in the admin library.
- After the new member meetings, the Session will meet with new members as they make a commitment to join First Pres.
- New members will be welcomed at a church service after they meet with the Session.
- Membership will be by profession of faith and baptism for those who are professing their faith for the first time, or by reaffirmation of faith for those who have previously professed faith publicly and are already baptized.