The Mission of Adult Ministry (60+) is to glorify God as we plan and provide for the well-being of the adults in our church and community including physical, social, and spiritual needs by working to foster opportunities for study, service, spiritual growth, and social interaction.
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." Acts 2:42
- Monthly dinners or potlucks, with programs, movies or game nights afterward
- "Day trip" events to places of interest throughout Florida
- The "Out-to-Lunch Bunch" meets at a different area restaurant each month
- Bridge held every Thursday afternoon in our Fellowship Hall
- Service opportunities in local missions and ministries like Urban Youth Impact, St. George's Food Kitchen, reading to school children.
- Adult activities coordinated with other church ministries
- Participate in church retreats like "Discovery Weekend"
- Periodic health screenings and seminars
Would you like to be more active in serving at church, but maybe don't know what you could do? Below are a few ways to become "connected."
- Fold, address, and seal envelopes for church mailings
- Pray daily from home for members as part of the church "prayer chain"
- Set tables in Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays
- Serve and clean up on Wednesday evenings
- Restock the pews with supplies during the week