Adult Sunday School Classes
Adults have two classes to choose from on Sunday mornings.
- Front Porch meets at 9:30 am in Fellowship Hall and provides a time of fellowship, study and worship with a variety of Bible-based studies
- Agape meets at 10:45 am in Fellowship Hall and provides a time of fellowship, worship, and teaching from God’s Word.
Adults (60+) Ministries
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." Acts 2:42
The Mission of Adult Ministry (60+) is to glorify God as we plan and provide for the well-being of the adults in our church and community including physical, social, and spiritual needs by working to foster opportunities for study, service, spiritual growth, and social interaction.
Here are some of the activities for the Adults (60+):
- Monthly dinners or potlucks, with programs, movies or game nights afterward
- The "Out-to-Lunch Bunch" meets at a different area restaurant each month
- Service opportunities in local missions and ministries like Urban Youth Impact, St. George's Food Kitchen, reading to school children.
- Adult activities coordinated with other church ministries
- Participate in church retreats like "Discovery Weekend"
Men have many opportunities to be in community together:
- Sons of Barbeque
- Weekend events
- Neighborhood front yard cookouts/boils
- Ministry support
- Faith and ... Lunches
- First Thursday of each month; catered lunch
- 12 pm to 1 pm, hard start and stop
- Civil Society Brewing Company - downtown West Palm Beach
- Topics: Faith and Family, Finances, Fun, Friendship
- Small group of friends (three - four)
- Life questions
- Going deeper with a few on your spiritual journey
- Sworn Friday Night Dinners
- 15 to 20 guys
- Good food... Good Drink ... Good conversations
- One Friday a month, to be announced
- Men's Prayer Breakfast / Thursdays at 7:30 am / Fellowship Hall.
Eat together and fellowship, hear God's Word and pray for the needs brought before them.
The mission of the Women's Ministry is to strengthen the church family by providing opportunities for women to connect, study and serve as part of the body of Christ at First Pres. Tammy Emerson is the current moderator for the Women of the Church Council.
Here are some of the opportunities for women to be in community together:
- Bible Study Opportunities through Small Groups
- Young Mom's Bible Study is held on Monday mornings at Cary Koepke's home.
- Mom's Bible Study for moms of middle and high school aged students is held on Thursday mornings in the Coffeehouse. This study is led by Kim Sanders.
- Small Groups for Women meet on Wednesday nights and Thursday mornings.
- Morning Circle meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. in the Chapel of the church. All women are welcome. For more information see the weekly emails and The Messenger. Here are the upcoming speakers: April 19 - Margaret Schuemann; May 17 - Barbara Platner
- Fellowship Opportunities
- LOL, also known as Ladies of the Lord, meet various times throughout the year for events revolving around faith, fun and fellowship! All women are invited to come to these events.
We regularly collect diapers and baby wipes for First Care Crisis Pregnancy Center.
We have a Prayer Shawl Ministry on the 1st Monday of each month at 2 pm in the Library. Join others in knitting or crocheting prayer shawls for others. If you don't know how to do either, we will teach you!